I love finding new recipes for dips. Hot, cold, creamy, cheesy...the possibilities are endless. I love to serve dips at parties and bring them to potlucks. That's how I came across this recipe.
My step-dad's family was in town from Canada and we were headed to my Mom's for a big family dinner. I really hate going to family gatherings empty-handed, so I whipped up this hot cheesy dip after doing a google search with the ingredients I had on hand.
Know what's cool about this one? It's a cottage cheese based dip. I had never thought to do a hot dip using cottage cheese, but with cheese, cheese, more cheese and bacon, I figured how could it go wrong?! I took it to the party and it was a hit. Seriously, it was gone in no time.
And as a side note, my sister's boyfriend who doesn't eat onions, and my niece who doesn't eat cottage cheese, both enjoyed digging in to this uber tasty cheesy bacon-y goodness. I mean really, could you resist it? Not me!
- 16 oz container cottage cheese
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, shredded or grated
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Preheat your oven to 350.
- Set aside a couple of tablespoons of the bacon and green onions to use as topping after the dip is baked.
- In a medium bowl, combine all of the ingredients. Spoon into a (1 or 1 1/2 qt) glass baking dish and bake for 25 minutes. Top with the reserved bacon and green onions and let sit 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve with melba crackers or tortilla chips.
- Source: Kraft
- Shared for Wicked Good Wednesday over at 365 Days of Baking & More.