Strawberry Oatmeal Smoothie


Strawberry Oatmeal Smoothie

This is such a satisfying smoothie.  The oatmeal really gives it some substance and fills you up.  And what beats big plump strawberries?!  It's perfect for a breakfast on the go or even a mid-day snack to hold you over until dinner.

I made this smoothie for myself for breakfast, but sadly only got to taste a few sips because once she saw it, my four year old claimed it as her own.  I gladly let her have it, knowing that it was a great healthy treat for her.  I'll get one for me soon enough because I know I'll be making them again!


Ingredients 
  • ¼ cup oatmeal, uncooked
  • 5 strawberries, fresh or frozen
  • 6 oz strawberry or mixed berry greek yogurt
  • 1 cup ice
  • ¼ cup milk

Instructions
  1. If your strawberries are fresh, remove the stems and cut them in half.  Freeze in a single layer.  (My strawberries were in the freezer for about 2 hours.)
  2. Put the oatmeal in the blender and blend until it it powdery.
  3. Add the rest of the ingredients to the blender and blend until smooth.
Notes
  • Source: Me.

No comments

Post a Comment